Our team of ASD specialists, lead by Autism Team Coordinator Allyson Pequita, BCBA, CRC, provides in-home services and consultation services directly to teachers, specialized classrooms, inter-disciplinary teams, and families. We approach these services from the perspective that each client is an individual who brings his or her own unique strengths and challenges. As such, the interventions utilized are adjusted to fit the specific needs of each client that we work with. Services can include:
- Creating behavioral intervention plans
- Attending IEP meetings
- Development and implementation of discrete trial programs
- Staff trainings
- Functional behavioral assessments (FBA)
- Transitional assessments
- Facilitated social interactions
- Supporting integration experiences
- Development of daily living skills
- Family support
- Use of technology as a tool to engage with others.
Whether the presenting issue is aggression, disruptive behavior, impulsivity, disrespect or inattentiveness, we look carefully at a child’s actions using an evidence-based behavioral approach. This allows us to determine why a child engages in problematic behavior and focus on teaching replacement behaviors that will allow the child to cope more positively at home, in school and out in the community.